Saturday, September 6, 2014

MUSIKAL!: The Best of Filipino Musical Theater

I love musicals. It is one of my favorite forms of art because it is like a cauldron in which other forms of art are mixed in-- there's dance, theater, music, literature, and lighting/stage/costume design. I enjoy it a lot because it engages my senses in many different ways.

Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to catch Musikal! at the Cultural Center of the Philippines.


Musikal! is showcase of 21 original Filipno musicals, staged in celebration of the Cultural Center of the Philippines' 45th Anniversary. It showed excerpts of popular Filipino musicals that includes Himala, Zsa Zsa Zaturnah, Rama Hari, Katy, Rak of Aegis, Caredivas, Magsimula Ka, Maxie, and Rock Supremo among others.

The entire show was like walking through memory lane for me. So much memories! I grew up watching a lot of shows at the CCP and with every excerpt, it was like I was taken back to that day I first saw that same scene. It was so beautiful!

I cannot congratulate CCP enough for staging such a great show! I am not exaggerating when I say I was teary-eyed so many times. The talent present on that stage was just overwhelming. I am so PROUD to be Filipino and to see how amazing our artists are. World-class talent indeed! You all deserve my respect, applause, admiration, and unending gratitude for being so passionate in your craft. Congratulations! And thank you. A thousand times over, THANK YOU.

Let me leave you one of my favorite songs from Rock Supremo:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin