Friday, January 31, 2014

Wicked!

I am a big theater fan so you know I wouldn't miss seeing Wicked. I have to admit though that I had no expectations for the musical. I think it was because I fell asleep watching Phantom of the Opera (and I was so excited for that) so I was half-expecting to fall asleep at Wicked too. But no-- sleep was not possible! I was hooked; enchanted; captivated!


I loved that the play was so simple and the song numbers well executed. It didn't have to have all the extravagant special effects, it was just what it was-- a beautiful musical play.

I won't spoil it for you but just trust me when I say that it really is worth every penny you'll spend for it. It is really beautiful, enough to make me want to see it one or two more times. Also, if you're fortunate enough to get orchestra seats, I hope you take time to notice the scent of the fog smoke. It was so addicting! At first I thought it was just my seatmate's perfume but as the show went on, I realized the smoke was coming from the fog machines. I can't describe its scent perfectly, the top notes are reminiscent of those in arabic shops but the longer you smell it, it turns ito this sweet musk that is just so addicting! I feel like I will forever associate that scent to Wicked-- and for some reason, I think it was the perfect scent to describe the musical. Wait for the scene when Elphaba and Fiyero sings As Long As You're Mine, the smoke machine on full blast and the scent, together with how magical that scene was is a memory that will be etched in my heart forever.
I really enjoyed the play. There's only one other musical I enjoyed a lot --Cats. I watched that three times because I loved every scene. Now, Wicked is becoming like Cats! I've lost count of the number of times I've replayed For Good on my Ipod the last couple of days. It's such a beautiful song! There are so many beautiful songs in the play, the  most famous I believe is Defying Gravity. Then there's also my favorite, "I'm Not That Girl" but I think "For Good" topped them all and just hit me right in the core! Such a beautiful, beautiful song! And of course that scene where it was sung-- just magical!
Little black dress: Oxygen | Pink oversized blazer: Forever21 | Black pointed pumps: Parisian | Rose gold clutch: Marc Jacobs
I hope you'd be able to catch the show. I hear the entire February is sold out, so you better book your tickets for March now! It will run only up to March 9 so hurry up!

To close, I leave you my favorite song from the musical :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin