Friday, September 27, 2013

Mock Meat BBQ

Barbeque! Barbeque! Barbeque! --said my brain. What do vegetarians do when their brains tell them it wants barbeque? They make their own!


Sharing with you my recipe for a vegan barbeque made from chunks of gluten:

1/2 pack gluten
2 tbsps. peanut butter
1 1/2 tbsps. soy sauce
1/2 tbsps. vinegar
pepper to taste
vegetable oil
bbq skewers

Cut the gluten into chunks. Fry them until browned. Skew the glutten in barbeque sticks. In a separate bowl, mix the soy sauce, peanut butter, oil and vinegar. Generously brush the mixture on the gluten and place the sticks on the grill. Enjoy!


Honestly, I am not a big fan of gluten because it's a tough ingredient to cook with. You can't marinate it too long cause it absorbs the flavor rapidly and if you leave it too long, you'd end up with something too "tasty" or salty. If you don't know what gluten is like, it's just starch. So imagine it being like bread (with hardly any flavor) and you have to put flavor into it.

I really enjoyed my vegan barbeque. To be honest, after taking those photos, I placed them back on the grill cause I like mine a little burnt. I just really like when the sides get a little toasted and because peanut butter has sugar, how the burnt parts get a bit sticky and sweet.

Here's to tasty vegan recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin