Monday, August 6, 2012

Popping Pearls

Ever had popping pearls with your milk tea?--when I mean popping, I mean popping. It bursts.

Well, I was in SM Molino the other day and saw this Kiosk for Ochado, a milk tea brand from Japan:
Being a big milk tea drinker, I couldn't resist trying it especially since I saw that they offered milk tea with "popping pearls".
They call it "pop eggs" milk tea.

Since it is also one of their best sellers, I gave in to my curiousity and bought a large cup for myself. How was it? Super FUN! It does pop in your mouth! The pearls are made from a thin layer of jelly with liquid inside (much like the idea of xiao lang bao, with soup inside a dumpling). The pearls taste like coffee jelly and mixes very well with the mild milk tea. It was super fun and really tasty too! I tried very hard to take a picture of the pearls but everytime I'd put 'em between my teeth for a picture, they'd burst immediately.

I am super glad to discover the Ochado brand at SM Molino, now I have more reason to frequent the mall-- if only to try their other flavors like the Roasted Tea with Azuki beans or Matcha Milk tea! Yum!

For more information, you may check out Ochado Philippines' facebook page here: Ochado Philippines 
or their official website, ochado-philippines.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin