Sunday, May 6, 2012

A star in the dark horizon


Life is a battlefield. If you really think about it, living, in itself, is scary. But there are things that make it less scary for us-- like the thought that we have family; that there are certain "paths" that we could follow (i.e. predetermined educational life); and the reality that all of us, are facing the same ordeal and really, we are never truly alone.

I was mulling over life while staring out my window last night and Regina Spektor's "The Call" just came to me. It was featured in Narnia's Prince Caspian and the song was meant as background as the Prince went into "war". Pick a star in the dark horizon and follow the light

Pick a star. Follow the light.
Easier said than done.

I was looking out my window and there was nothing there. Total darkness. No star to follow; no light to guide the way. At that moment, I felt scared. If you think of it like life, it's that realization that our future is uncertain. That we just keep moving forward believing we're on the right path when in truth, all we see is darkness ahead. Scary thought.


But angels came to my rescue and after a few seconds of fear and panic, I realized, that where I was, where I was standing was filled with light. So who cares if outside is scary? I am engulfed in light! I, in my meager capacity, hold the light. So it doesn't matter if I walk aimlessly ahead, I have light with me and wherever I may go, I am assured that I will not be lost in the dark.

Different people view life differently. Often, when we're in a dark place, people's advice enter our ears and come out the other. We can't seem to comprehend-- but it's understandable. We have to find the answers on our own and as cliche as it may sound, we are the only ones capable of helping ourselves.

No need to follow the light.
On our own, we are stars.

--

Dress - Tomato
Brown strappy heels - Parisian

1 comment:

  1. This post spoke to me Ninin...
    God really has a way to get His message to us...
    Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin