Saturday, October 25, 2008

French fashion 101

I've always had a fascination with everything French. I love their language, their food and of course, their country. *sighs and bats dreamy eyes* When I think of France, my mind sends me into dream mode where all I can see are the beautiful architecture, people in bicycles, dainty cafes, and gorgeous women--not forgetting the quintessential violin as background. Ahhhh... Paris! You are simply irresistible! Well, with everything Korean flooding Manila shores, my love for France somehow melted away in the background but now, I'm taking back my first love, because in my heart, a belle de jour I'll always be :)

*lol* I am such a dramaqueen. Well, before I completely get sidetracked, let me just tell you what this post is all about. As the title suggests: *cue drumroll* FRENCH FASHION! Yes, girls! Time for you to learn all about the essentials of French Fashion. The French as we all know are one of the classiest and most fashionable women in the World. Paris would not have been the Fashion capital of the world if not for them. So get your pens and papers ready and start jotting down the mode la femme:

1. Sexy cardigan


2. Cigarette pants

3. Ballet flats

4. Thick hairbands


5. French coats

6. Pencil skirt


7. Pearls


8. Opaque Tights


9. Red lipstick


10. Dark sunglasses

To give you an idea of what French fashion is supposed to look like, here's Audrey as example:

Some basic guidelines:
1. Choose toned down colors (earth tones)
2. Keep everything simple (not a lot of frills, ruffles, or anything overstyled)
3. Be very, very poised
4. Choose classic pieces that will not go out of style
5. The ultimate French style is looking "thrown together" but chic. Think: sexy and carefree NOT uptight nor too tailored.

So that's French Fashion 101 for you girls! Remember: JUST KEEP IT SIMPLE! The French are fashionable not because of their clothes but more of because of their attitude. Keep your head up, strut your stuff and know that you are absolutely gorgeous! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin