Monday, March 17, 2014

Bigger Eyes With Eyelid Tape

You already how I've been obsessing over eye make up lately. Well, because I've been paying a lot of attention to my eyes, I've also been noticing the flaws, the biggest of which are my uneven eyelids. I have the typical Asian eyes which sometimes borders on having monolids. My left eye is a semi-monolid. When I'm tired the crease disappears which makes really hard to put eye make up. I always have to put more on my left just to even out my eyes. Well, recently I've discovered eyelid tape. Eastern Asians have been using this to for a while now to give them eyelid creases. I've also seen a lot of girls in our trip to Hong Kong wearing eyelid tapes. The cool thing I've discovered about it is that if you wear it long enough (say 3 months), it can give you a permanent crease!

I went eyelid tape shopping in Hong Kong and here's my haul:


I didn't know which one is better so I got two types. I was thinking they only differ in the shape but that's where I'm wrong! This one is the double eyelid tape. It has two sticky sides which makes it really easy to use.
 This next one is a waste of my money... apparently it only has ONE sticky side! It does serve its purpose but everytime you blink, people could see the tape! Ugh.

And as if I wasn't contented yet, I got myself an eyelid glue too! This one is really nice but it doesn't stay the whole day. I hate that after a few hours, you have these white glue residue on your eyes, much line when you put Elmer's glue on your hands and peel it off.

Obviously, my favorite is the first one, which is the double sided eyelid tape. Too bad I didn't buy a lot :(

Here's a step-by-step on putting it on:

Step 1: Determine where you want your new crease to be by poking your eyelid with the plastic stick that comes with the box.


Step 2: Carefully put the eyelid tape HIGHER than where you want your crease.
 Step 3: Peel off the tape. And carefully push BELOW where the tape is. Don't make the mistake of pushing in where the tape is because the applicator stick will stick to the tape.

And voila! An eyelid! I wasn't very careful with positioning the tape with this one that's why there's a bit of unevenness. It takes a lot of practice to get it right.
Like all the other guides online, it is advisable to wear eye makeup/ falsies when you put on eyelid tape so it won't be visible. I took that advice and wore thick eyelashes and here's the look:

I LOVE that my eyes look bigger! And that for the first time, I don't have a left monolid! I wish I could say that I've been very religious with putting it on cause I'm not. It's relatively comfortable to wear although I get paranoid thinking that people could see it so I don't wear it often. Also, because I didn't buy a lot I'm trying to save it for special occasions. Lol!

The local shops in Manila only carry the one-sticky-sided eyelid tape which I tell you is a waste of money. I have yet to find a local supplier of the double-sided eyelid tape. I don't want to order online cause the eyelid is very cheap and I don't want to spend more money for the shipping. If you know a shop (in the mall) that carries the double-sided eyelid tape, please let me know!

I'm glad there are products that address common problems like having no eyelids. I thought only surgery could help me but not anymore. Thank you to the crazy Eastern Asian monolid girls who invented this product ;)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely haul! Cosmetics in Japan have lovely packaging. :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Aveeno Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. An alternative way to have a bigger eyes.:) Instead of taking blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery, try this, it cost less and everyone can afford it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin