Monday, December 30, 2013

Obsession du jour: Diptyque candles

So what am I obsessed with this time? One word: Diptyque.

Diptyque is like the Chanel of perfumed candles. I used to hear about the Diptyque Baies candles but I never thought I would be able to own a Diptyque candle at this point in my life. To my surprise (and delight), my boss gave me my first Diptyque candle for Christmas.

I got the Diptyque Orange Chai which as the name implies, smells like oranges. But because it is made by Diptyque, the orange scent isn't the only thing you can smell. I can't describe it well, so allow me to let Diptyque describe the scent: Orange Chai Envelops you in spices, sweet but not sugary, it evokes the round warmth of an orange, followed by the freshness of cardamom, rising up exotically like the blend of tea known as Chai. Touches of quince, cinnamon and ginger lead us into a world of winter flavours.

I've been lighting it everyday nd I'm almost halfway through because I love its scent so much, I don't care if it doesn't last long. I just want to be able to enjoy it. In Manila, Diptyque can be found in Rockwell and I hear the candles goes for around Php3,500 each. Pretty steep price. I don't think I could buy this for myself because that would be like literally burning cash but I will always be pinning for this and would love anyone who would get me these candle for any occasion!

I am excited to get rich so I can have a house perfumed with Diptyque candles and scents. Really, the brand is not overrated because it LIVES UP to its reputation and when you have a product that is so well made, it makes every cent you spend on it worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin