Monday, November 2, 2009

Leona Lewis defends her bf's job

I admire people who don't put pressure on themselves to live up to other people's expectations. To me, that's a sign that you've achieved the highest level in Maslow's hierarchy of needs already (lol!)

Well, in recent interviews, the press has been amused by the fact that Leona Lewis' boyfriend of seven years is an electrician. When asked about how the whispers and blatant remarks has affected her, the SUPER! girl answered:

"I find it very offensive. It's like, seriously? This is real life, it isn't make-believe. For people to think that you should leave someone because, all of a sudden, you're a singer and you have opportunities. I feel very sorry for them. It does make me angry. Because he's a great person. And it doesn't matter what you do in life, what your job is, where you come from. None of that matters to me, what matters is who you are as a person—nothing else."

All together now: Awwwwwww.... ♥

I can't say I'm a big Leona Lewis fan (although I absolutely loved Bleeding Love), but that answer she gave showed me another dimension of her that I didn't know existed! Amazing girl! Her boyfriend must be so proud :)

How about you girls, have you ever had to defend yourself for being acquainted with someone whose standards do not equal yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin