Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Scentsational Holidays

It's the Holiday season once again and I don't know why but during this time, I tend to go perfume-crazy. There are so many great scents introduced this year (and some from last year) and I've listed here my favorites:

1. Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy and Fantasy

I've heard rave reviews about Britney's Fantasy and so I wanted to check it out immediately. Turns out it's one of Britney's top sellers and even if Britney has already produced newer scents, they had to reproduce this because of the overwhelming demand from the market. The scent has a sweet vanilla smell with fruity undertones. The warm sweetness is just perfect for the cold season.

Britney's Midnight Fantasy is the newer version of  Fantasy. As I said, they've already stopped making Fantasy and Midnight Fantasy is what they intended to replace it with. Midnight still had the sweet smell of Fantasy but this time, it had a cool mint-y tone to it. It smells sophisticated but still very feminine. It's refreshing and smells just perfect for a romantic out of town dinner.

2. Katy Perry's Purr and Meow



When Katy Perry's perfume first came out, I didn't like it-- I don't know why but the next time I smelt it, I absolutely loved it and even bought a bottle for myself.

When I first got a whiff of Purr, I thought it smelled of kisses-- you know, the small fragrant wax-like balls we used to play with when we were young? In other words, I didn't like it. But when I tried spraying it on my wrists, it smelled so good I was surprised myself!

Meow on the other hand is what I'd normally gravitate to. It has a warm powdery vanilla smell. The smell is very faint and not overwhelming. It is truly a good scent to wear this Christmas season.

3. Marc Jacob's Dot

I've always had this "thing" for Marc Jacob's Daisy. There are days I love it and then there are times I think it smells "old". That's the reason why I've never gotten myself a bottle of it. However, things changed when I got a whiff of Marc Jacob's newest scent, Dot-- it was a no-second-thought moment. I just knew I had to buy it.

The smell is so sophisticated. It's not very fruity or floral-y or vanilla-y, it's all that and more. It feels like one of those perfumes that is perfect for watching theatrical shows or operas, if you know what I mean. I feel very feminine and grown up when I wear this perfume. It's perfect for special occasions and Christmas dinners where you want to stand out from the crowd.

4. Vera Wang's Princess
 This perfume is more of my trademark-- sweet vanilla scents. Vera Wang's Princess is sweet and very girly but the best thing about it is that it's not too sweet to annoy the people around you (y'know how sometimes people detest perfumes that are too sugar-y?). It is very feminine and again has a warm vanilla undertone which is just perfect for the cold season.

5. Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck
 I obviously have a penchant for celebrity scents these days don't I? Well, this one is in my list because it smells wonderful! It, too is fruity and sweet. It reminds me of guava and strawberry. It has a very fruity smell and yet still has this rich warm undertone to it that makes it perfect for the holidays. This one is more suited for the younger crowd but if you feel young yourself and want to wear something equally youthful, then this would be perfect for you.

6. Anne Curtis for Bench
 This may come as a surprise to some but trust me on this. Anne Curtis' perfume line for Bench smells wonderful! I love Glamorous the most probably because it also has that warm vanilla scent to it that qualifies it as a "holiday perfume". It is not as long-lasting as its more expensive counterparts (listed above) but really, for a meager 400 pesos, this is a good steal!

Apart from those that made it to my list of favorites, you may also wish to check out Lanvin's Marry Me and Ferragamo's Signorina both of which I've used this year (and no surprise, they smell of vanilla too).

...and for the men, I HIGHLY recommend using this:

It smells so goooood! I'm not sure if that's the actual bottle though, I just asked a guy friend what perfume he's using because it smells wonderful and he said this. If I had a boyfriend, I'd give him this for Christmas just because I'd want to smell this on him. It's so manly but not overbearing. It's one of those perfumes that draws a girl's attention even a yard away. It has that "axe effect" and I'm not kidding about it!

So there goes my list! You may want to get these for yourself or buy these as gifts this Christmas. Here's to a fragrant holiday season for us all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin