Friday, January 27, 2012

Crock-pot recipe: Chicken Mexicana

You know how I'm no kitchen maven right? When I read about slow cookers (Crock-pot is the most famous brand) at Jenni Epperson's blog, I immediately searched for recipes and asked my mom to buy one for us.
Le Crock-Pot
I'd like to call the recipe that I tried Chicken Mexicana..

You need:
A can of diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies, 8oz. cream cheese, a can of black beans, a can of corn kernels
2-3 pounds of frozen chicken breast fillet
Garlic salt (or just the regular salt would do)

What to do:

1. Drain liquid from and rinse the black beans
2. Drain liquid from corn kernels
3. Put frozen chicken in Crock-Pot
4. Put the cream cheese on top of the chicken
5. Then put the drained and rinsed black beans, drained corn and diced tomatoes with green chilies in the Crock-Pot
It should look like so.. 
6. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
7. Serve over rice or over tortilla.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin