Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bubble Tea Junkie Ep.1: Bubble Tea Boy

Since I tried the newly opened bubble tea place near my office, I can't seem to get enough of the sweet tasting, chewy pearls (more on that on my next post!). Last Friday, a friend messaged us to go have bubble tea with her. It was an out-of-the-way, semi-impromptu trip for us but we gladly obliged since it was... well...her treat! Free bubble tea, for realsss?? I was secretly ecstatic! Teehee..

When we arrived at Greenhills Promenade, we asked the guard where Bubble Tea Boy was but we didn't find it right away. What we saw was a food stall which sells soy bean curd with the word  "Boy" in its name. Upon looking around some more though, we found it behind the soy bean curd stall, right under/within another restaurant!

We were expecting to find a stand-alone food stall but as it turns out, Bubble Tea Boy is being offered by one of the booths there, CocoAsian.


 Their bubble tea comes in one size (large), in several flavors. Compared to other bubble tea chains, they have a small selection so I expected their offerings to be excelente! I tried Osaka (roasted honey milk tea), two of us tried Harajuku (caramel milk tea) while one of us tried Hakodate (chocolate milk tea).

I'm not sure but it seems like my friends who got the caramel milk tea weren't satisfied because they weren't tasting any sweet, caramel-y flavor. I think they'd appreciate the Osaka much more because the roasted honey flavor complemented the tea (imported from Japan,according to their site!) very well. Our other friend, who isn't a tea drinker by the way, gave Hakodate a try and she liked it! And for that, I will be willing to go back to Bubble Tea Boy and give that a try too.


If you want to try their pearl milk tea as well, pay them a visit at G/F Coco Asian Restaurant Promenade Mall, Greenhills Shopping Center, San Juan. 

P.S. Thanks to Katylene for the treat! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin