Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fated to love thee

I know, Valentine's Day is overrated. BUT. I have to say, the occasion itself deserves a little more credit. I mean, celebrating LOVE is a great thing right? So to everyone (with dates or not) this v.day weekend, why don't you celebrate LOVE and embrace the feeling through watching great love films? I mean c'mon let's not be bitter on this one day :) So, this is especially dedicated to the loveless single ladies out there who have lost hope in finding their little princes' :)

P.S. I love you

Love doesn't end even in death :)

This deserves to be on top of the list just because it's one of our favorites. hahaha! Kidding aside, it's a really great film! It is based on Cecilia Ahern's book of the same title. Although avid fans of the novel say the film didn't do much justice to the book, I say, it doesn't make it less romantic.

The movie is the story of Holly and Gerry. At the beginning, Gerry dies of brain tumor BUT that actually sets the entire plot of the film. See after his death, Holly receives letters and gifts from Gerry. Not that he's haunting Holly or anything, he has actually planned those before he died! Interesting right? I assure you it is! Plus the fact that it is full of romantic scenes really makes the film wonderful and perfect for Valentines :) Heads up to all hopeless romantics and "the one" believers out there!

"Dear Holly, I don't have much time. I don't mean literally, I mean you're out buying ice cream and you'll be home soon. But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn't to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp, you can take care of yourself without any help from me. It's to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful... literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I'm a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I'm just one chapter in yours. There'll be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one. Don't be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you"

My Sassy girl

If you're meant to be, it will be

So okay, it's another of those "the one" films. But you know for single ladies out there, movies like this can actually keep them 'alive' this dreaded couples' day. hihi :P It gives everyone hope that there is someone out there for each of us... and that destiny leads two souls to cross paths :) awwww...!

Well, this film is a Korean original but it was recreated as a Hollywood film last year. The good thing about it (the remake) of course are the "better sounding" lines in the movie. So basically, the film is about two people who meet each other, tried to work things out, almost lost each other only to find out in the end that they were "destined" for each other. (sorry girls, can't elaborate, it will ruin it for you) Just try us on this one okay? hehe :) The main thrust of the movie is that even if you have different backgrounds, or from different areas of the world, or whatever it is, you would still find your "soulmate" because you're meant to be :)

"If we never see each other again, and one day, you feel a certain presence beside you... that would be me, loving you wherever I am.

We have to stay alive, because we have to see how the story ends.

Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you love. "

Made in Heaven

Your love story may have already begun in heaven

This film may not be ring bells for you (it's from 1987) but I'm sure you'll want to grab a copy of this after reading what I've got say about it! So here's the plot:

There's this guy Mike who runs off with his Girlfriend Brenda who takes off without him. So Mike ends up traveling alone where on he mets death after playing hero to a woman and her children. So Mike ends up in heaven. While there, he falls in love with a girl named Annie. But Annie hasn't earned her wings on earth yet so she has to go back and inhabit a human body.
Mike of course is devastated that they had to be separated so he makes a deal in heaven to let him go back to earth so he could be with Annie. Here's the catch: Mike can return to earth but neither he or Annie will remember each other. Then they have thirty years to find each other again.

Okay, all together now! AWWWW! Gosh, don't you think it's just the sweetest? I mean, believing that your love story has already begun even before you were born and that you're on this journey to finding each other again! wow! This is so sweet! Definitely for 'destiny' addicts!

Mike: Annie... I'd like to marry you.
Annie: According to heaven, we already are.

Mike: You know what we've never done. We've never... danced. I'm going arent I?
Annie: Yes.
Don't be sad. Don't get sad mike.
Mike: Why does it have to be you?
Annie: It's not sad. I'm going to be somebody's baby.

So the path to love may be bumpy but with films like these, I say love proves that it can surpass anything. It can be so incredibly miraculous and just beyond our wildest dreams! Today on V.day, I hope you just try to embrace the feeling of love! Stop being bitter! Just trust that things happen for a reason and that your perfect love story is just waiting its release :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin