Monday, October 13, 2014

Great Finds in 3 Specialty Stores

There's something so satisfying about purchasing small, seemingly trivial yet really useful things. I noticed that I've accumulated such purchases which I've been using or consuming frequently.

The Store: TRUE VALUE HARDWARE STORE
The Product: NITE IZE GEAR TIES
There are a lot of random yet awesome finds in this store, from the usual extension cord with USB ports to the very popular mason jars. I don't frequent True Value but since it is my dad's haven, I get to shop there from time to time. However, this time, I went there with my friend (who introduced the product to me) to buy Nite Ize Gear Ties.

I know the regular cable ties or twist ties are a simpler solution but I prefer these for its aesthetics (wire interior + rubber exterior) and because it's reusable, handy and not too flimsy that it'll easily get lost or broken.


Nite Ize Gear Ties are available in various colors and sizes. The ones pictured above measures 3 inches. True Value Hardware Store Philippines has several branches and you may find the branch nearest to you by clicking here.

The Store: BEAUTY BAR
The Product/s: HAPPY SKIN COSMETICS
I usually try to avoid visiting this store because I can't control myself and I often end up splurging. There's just too many interesting items! Haha. Anyway, I wanted to buy a present for my cousin who lives abroad and I wanted to give her a Filipino product that she would be super excited to use. There was only one brand that I had in mind - Happy Skin Cosmetics! I got her several Happy Skin Cosmetics lipsticks and a blush. Of course, I can't leave without buying some Happy Skin products for myself. These are what I got:


Shut Up and Kiss Me Lipsticks in Girls Night Out (berry shade) and Sunset Kiss (coral shade), as well as the Feeling Sculptacular Face Contour Kit. I love that the lipsticks are both affordable and long-lasting. You can check their products via Beauty Bar's website or Happy Skin's website.

The Store: HEALTHY OPTIONS
The Product: THE CHIA CO. CHIA SHOTS
My family frequents Healthy Options for their offering of personal care products and healthier snack alternatives. I often find delicious dark chocolate and baked chips here. I've seen the Chia Shots a lot before but it was only now that I bought one. I think you're supposed to consume the whole sachet in one go but I just use half a teaspoon for my smoothies. Usually a smoothie and cereals aren't enough sustenance for me in the morning but the first time I had a smoothie with Chia seeds, I easily felt full. A little background on Chia seeds, it's a dietary fiber that is rich in omega-3, protein, and antioxidants. So that means it's good for the heart and the digestive tract. So, I'm quite positive that my quick satiety was due to this. :)
A few more tips, drink lots of water when you take Chia as it can cause stomach cramps and diarrhea (it is a dietary fiber, after all). Also, the Chia Shots sold in Healthy Options are by sachet.

Hooray for more Healthy Options branches! You may view their store list here.

There you have it! Those are some of the random stuff that I've recently bought and have been enjoying and using endlessly. Hope you guys give it a try, too. :)


Chia Shots Image Source: https://birchbox.co.uk/the-chia-co-chia-shots-10-x-8g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin