Monday, September 2, 2013

Chocolate Mango

I've never been a fan of Mango. Or chocolate in the same degree. But put together, they got me going crazy!


Lately, I've been obsessing over chocolate dipped Philippine dried mangoes. It's weird for me because like I said I don't usually eat mangoes or chocolate but for some reason, this pairing is just too tasty for me to pass up!

I first tasted this at my Tita's. I was so surprised at how delicious it was that I found myself craving this so bad. And so I decided to visit Kultura just to satisfy my whim.


I got two different brands of the mango chocolate. The one on the left is the one I tasted before (and the one featured in two photos above). The other on the right however is one that my boss took with her to give away to foreign dignitaries on a previous trip. As expected, the one on the right is more expensive (just look at the packaging!) Also, the mango strips are COMPLETELY covered with chocolate:


Yes, it looks tastier but for some reason, I enjoyed the semi-covered mango strips (the cheaper ones) than this. It's supposed to be dipped in Belgian chocolate and that gave it a slightly bitter taste. Also, the mango strips were very thin you can hardly taste the mango. The one from Philippine brand on the other hand has a great milk chocolate taste plus you can taste the dried mangoes which is super good even without the chocolate part.

I love these so much! If you haven't tasted this, I suggest you try it soon because this is one Philippine product you would be very proud to endorse! It's so good, I can't wait to give these away to my foreign friends. Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin