Monday, February 25, 2013

The crepe cake



I have obsessed over this cake for months. I wanted to taste it so bad but didn't quite have enough will to go out of my way and buy it. Good thing my boss' birthday came up and by some miracle of the heavens, she brought these cakes-- MY crepe cakes! I was so happy!

For a while I was in a state of disbelief. There they were-- two boxes of Dessert du Jour's famous crepe cakes! There was, of course, the classic French crepe and the other was in Nutella flavor.
The cake itself was really big, the triangle slices was actually a bit too much. I think it would have been better if we cut them in squares. But regardless how it's cut, the important thing was we got to eat them! Yum!

What makes this cake special? Well, apart from it's made from layers and layers of crepe, it is also very delicately made which makes it taste sophisticated and classy.


It would have been better if we ate these on their own and not as dessert. It would have been wonderful for afternoon tea while reading a good book. It's not too sweet or decadent, it was simple yet incredibly tasty! Since I'm not too much of a chocolate person, I liked the classic crepes more than the Nutella. I have to admit though that the Nutella is more flavorful than the plain ones. It's sweeter and has more depth. The classic French crepes on the other hand is more traditional and dainty. It's the type that would go perfect with coffee or a fruit-flavored tea.

I am so happy I finally got to taste these cakes! I can't wait to discover another one of these "home bakers"! I'll be featuring another one of them in the next few days so stay tuned! :)


For orders, contact Mara de la Rama at 09178116272 or check out their Facebook page: Dessert du Jour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin