Wednesday, June 25, 2008
1. Vodka Cruiser (Blue Ice)
I actually don't remember this very much but I believe this is the one that tastes more like sprite (again, the only difference is that it tastes bitter as it goes down your esophagus).
2. Vodka Mudshake (Caramel or Chocolate)
These taste like chocolate or caramel milk shake but with a bit of bitterness. This is actually the first alcoholic drink I've tried with friends and I actually liked it. Maybe because it tasted like milo only with a kick.
This tastes a lot like the Vodka Chocolate Mudshake. Some say the bitterness of Bailey's is milder than Mudshake's. Anyway, I have yet to try the Bailey's Mint and Chocolate.
4. Tequila Rose (Strawberry Cream)
This is, hands down, delicious. It tastes like strawberry milkshake. Yes, it still has a kick. Of course it would, or else it wouldn't be an alcoholic beverage, now would it. However, what's good about it is that the introduction of the bitter taste isn't 'off' at all. The bitter note after swallowing is not that noticeable especially if you drink this chilled.
So, do you know more booze we should know about? Spill the beans, ladies! Share share share! We promise we'd try our best to acquire what you suggest and taste 'em as well. Thanks!
Also, don't forget to drink moderately, PK girls!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
1. Figure yourself out.
Find out how you get over. Find out how you feel. You may want to talk about it for a week or not talk about it at all.
2. If you are hurt and you want to cry, just go and CRY.
Don't mind your friends when they say that he's just a waste of your tears. That may not be or may be true so just think of it this way, you are crying for you own well-being. You are crying for yourself, for your wasted/lost relationship and not for some guy who broke your heart, okay? Besides, having all those feelings pent up inside you could also be bad for your health. Did you know that trying to hold it in for too long (especially when it shouldn't) could actually cause your breakdown? Yes, PK girls, so be careful.
3. Start letting go and moving on.
Drinking, as most people say, is the "best" way to forget. But we say don't! By all means, try to avoid drinking. Don't waste your precious money and your pretty little body on fattening alcoholic beverages. Don't give your ex the satisfaction of finding out that you are a wreck and that you are slowly turning yourself into "trash" (Whoopsie, sorry for the harsh word, girls). Now, how can you move on? Surround yourself with positive people...with your friends! Hang out with them more. Go on group outings with them. Watch movies, dine, converse! Who knows, you might also meet a better guy through them. (But before that, a word of caution, be sure that you are ready for a new love before plunging into date world again, ayt?)
4. Shop or Window Shop
Go indulge on things for yourself. Prettify yourself. For example, get manis/pedis. Not only do foot spas and hand spas relax you, it also prettifies your nails and toes. Do things for YOU. Prove to your ex that he made a huge mistake by breaking your heart. And when he realizes this, be sure that you're ready to tell him (as politely as possible) in what way you want to be associated with him - just friends or willing to give him another chance.
5. Enroll in new classes
Piano lessons or speech/foreign language classes...go wild with your pick! Not only will you have a chance to meet new people and gain new friends, you'd also be growing as a person and learn new great things as well!
Don't worry PK girls, eventually everything would be okay. As Leona Lewis puts it, "It'll all get better in time."
Monday, June 23, 2008
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Playful and sophisticated are two words used to describe this Australia-based cosmetics line. Did you know that the face on their product's boxes has a name? It's Miss Bloom, the line's glamorous representative. Anyway, back to their famous products..the first thing that caught my eye was their wide array of lip gloss. Their lip gloss line has 18 different colors and I chose to go Girlie. Next was their really vibrant red lip plump. The lip plump colour with maxi lip comes in colors other than red but in this product, I fell in love with the redness of the Fifi Fatale. What's special about their lip plumper is that it contains Maxi Lip. Maxi lip hydrates the lips and helps smooth fine lines that can appear around your lips. Also, there's the lip duo. The lip duo has a lip gloss and lipstick with complementary shades. Unlike other brands, the two shades really do complement each other. This is great for helping you change from being a daytime glambabe to a sultry nightingale just with the combination of the two. If you want to look natural use the gloss, if you want to look formal use the lipstick, and if you want to look glammed up just blend the two. To tell you the truth I had quite a hard time choosing between Romance and Classic. But I ended up going for Romance simply because it had more dramatic colors Cutie Pie lipstick and Tint lip gloss.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Almost all the parts of the car is moveable which really depends on the preference of the driver. Inside the car, the headrest, steering wheel and gauges move into place while outside, the headlights, rocker panel and bumper can be adjustedl. How cool is that??
With just some simple manipulations (tilting mechanisms on the car), the driver can adjust it to its desired specification. On the picture on the left, you'd see how the the engine is revealed through a slit in the middle. Like whoa!
On the one below, you'd see what it looks like with the doors, engine and headlights open. Doesn't it look soooo fierce?
I am soooo in love with this car! I wish I could see it up close, touch it and drool over it! Kidding! :P Seriously though, this car is really HOT! The only unfortunate thing is that this will not be released in the market. It will be showcased in BMW showrooms and then would be placed in the BMW museum. Sad. :(
I could totally picture this in a Batman film. I mean, doesn't it look like the coolest Bat mobile ever?? It's so sleek! It's so BATMAN! (I am totally digging how the side wrinkles up when you open the door)
Gosh, I totally love this car! BMW has outdone itself once again! They really are the King of luxury cars! I just you know... wish I could actually afford to buy myself one. lol! :P
Monday, June 16, 2008
1. The ambience! Mexicali boasts of really cool interiors which would make you feel like you're in Mexico! Red walls adorned with Mexican paintings, what could look more Mexican than that??
2. Spice, spice, spice! Mexican food really is oh-so-tasty! It is generously sprinkled with spices which makes everything so tasty! What I like most about it is also the fact that you're given a lot of flavors in one plate. Like they give you side salad of tomatoes and onions, or a bunch of nachos on the side. You'd really won't get bored with your order!
3. The price! The best thing about eating in a good restaurant is having to pay a minimal fee for your meal and Mexicali is one of those "semi-cheap" restos!
Well, to drive my points further, let me share with you some of the stuff we ordered:
Grilled Vegetable Burrito -P115.00
Cheese and Garlic Quesadilla -P85.00
Vegetable Enchilada -P172.00
Roast Pork Dinner -P155.00
Grilled Chicken Plate -P149.00
Monday, June 9, 2008
the last preparation stage until you get welcomed to the real world! Wow. Well, don't get too overwhelmed too soon, you still have to get through college first! hehe :)
Well, we at PK would like to help you learn more about the colleges you have chosen (err, just the top 3). I warn you though, this is unlike most college orientation write-ups out there. What we have is the real deal. Y'know, the stuff they don't usually tell you... *wink!
Let's keep this hush hush, okay? ;)
University of the Philippines
Congratulations! You made it to U.P.! So, you're smart ey? Well, YES! But hey, there's still a lot to know before you finally go brag about your university.
1. Everyone is brilliant. And I mean, everyone! When you go there, you'd be meeting a lot of valedictorians, academic awardees and occasional Palanca winners. There may be some who do not look the part but you will be surprised come exam day when they suddenly ace all tests.
2. The professsors are a nightmare. Studying in U.P. really is hard since the expectations are way high.
3. The subjects are harder. It's partly because of the professor's expectations but then it may also be because U.P. has this standard that the professors have to stick to every year. In fact, each subject syllabus is scrutinized first by the deans before finally being approved.
1. Not everyone in U.P. is poor. In fact, because of the 300% increase in tuition, most students in U.P. now are from middle to upper class families. Still, there really are some from very poor families who really do benefit a lot from the U.P. system
2. Everyone in UP dresses up badly. There are the occasional jologs but I tell you, some of the most fashionable people can be found in this university because they are allowed to wear whatever they want so you could really go all out Carrie Bradshaw style!
1. Beware of Flunking and having to transfer school. Passing the UPCAT is just the tip of the iceberg. Staying in U.P. is the harder part. You can't go brag about passing the entrance exam because it's just the beginning. What's harder is keeping your grades up because like I said before, everyone's brilliant and the professors are really hard to please. Plus! The passing grade in U.P. is 60% not 50% so you have to step up your game everytime.
2. Math in UP is a nightmare. Beware! Beware! Beware!
3. Frats and Sororities in U.P. are the new cliques. It's like you're not "in" if you're not a member of one. But beware because these people do not really have the "cleanest" reputation around, if you know what I mean.
4. Enrollment in UP is hell. Long queues, uncentralized system, it's one big chaos!
Ateneo de Manila University
Woohoo! Start being proud to be Blue! Just don't let it get to your head first! Read on cool girl!
1. People in ADMU are rich. There's no argument about that. With a tuition like that, only people who can pay can stay.
2. Ateneans speak good English. Mostly because the students come from good high schools already, Ateneans (about 75% of them) tend to be more versed in conversational English than other schools.
3. There are a lot of perks when you're a varsity player. Apart from the fame of course, varsity members also get a lot of free stuff. The best part is when sponsors give out items like free running shoes (from adidas) or when they get to train in far off places in the country. Say, a training camp-slash-free trip to Ilocos or Baguio. And of course, how 'bout the promise of a free trip to Europe or America when your team wins the championship? Ooooh, how posh!
4. Ateneo gives out the BEST freshman welcome ever. It's days of fun, fun, fun! There are a lot of activities and a free concert to boot! This year, they even have Parokya ni Edgar, Urbandub, Sandwich and Itchyworms to name a few :)
1. Not everyone in ADMU are airheaded. In fact, most of the students are really down-to-earth people. We believe that the ones who come off airheaded are the selected few who come from Ateneo high school too (big emphasis on the BOYS). But most of the time, students from ADMU are really simple (apart from the fact that they really are rich, bringing with them their hot cars and designer labels). Just think: Patty Laurel and Bianca Gonzalez.
2. Not all are ADMU guys are hot. Hehe :P Even if everyone keeps on insisting that the hot guys are in ADMU, it's not really that true. Yes, most of the boys have good skin and fair complexions but really... not all. What makes people fall for this lie is that most of the time they generalize on the quality of boys there by basing them on the basketball varsity team players. I mean, who hasn't fallen for Chris Tiu? But then, on a normal basis, not all boys in ADMU are that hot (witty, yes. but hot? just some)
1. Dress code in the campus. No more dress freedom on campus! You can't go about flaunting your new mini skirt or your cute havs for you'll get reprimanded big time!
2. Acting Coniotic. Do you know that the Spanish term coño actually means a man's genitals? Like, eww! It's counterpart of the English term, "ass". So what I'm saying is, don't be carried away with acting like a true blue Eagle, because you know, too much of something is always BAD. That means, no "party girl" outfits, mean girl slang and loud outbursts!
De La Salle University
Yay! Finally, you got in your dream school! Cool thing about it? You get to call yourself a FROSH--exclusive freshman term for all La Sallians :)
1. There are a lot of hot guys in La Salle. True, true, there really are more cute guys in la salle that any other school. There are a lot of celebrities, half-pinoys and of course, a lot of chinitos. You have to beware though as when you're there already, they won't seem so "hot" afterall as they tend to all 'look-alike'.
2. La Salle has the most high-tech campus in the Phils. There's no doubt about that! You only have to look at the Campus itself to know what I mean. Digital Billboard, electronic IDs, state of the art Library, you name it! It's even fascinating how even Arts courses are turned into tech courses with the integration of subjects like Digital Photography, Multimedia and Video. Cool, ey?
3. La Salle is great when it comes to perks. You're a freshman, you should be showered with these! DLSU gives out really posh planners to their freshmen and other free stuff. The coolest stuff though are given to the VARSITY! Condo unit, new car? How cool is that?? (whoops, just the basketball team girls.sorry!)
1. Not all La Sallians are airheads. Let's not be judgmental, okay? So fine, La Sallians are rich but don't always think that they're big airheads. It's just that there are a lot of celebrities in that school and it is these celebrities who sometimes act a little airheaded. You'll be surprised to find out their just like your High School friends too ;)
1. Never fall in the fashion wagon. Yes, there's nothing wrong with being in style and all but what you have to be wary about is being pressured to always look your best. There are a lot of days in a year and what to wear to school should be the least of your worries. You're going to school, remember, not some fashion show.
Ha! There you go! Insider information to you girls right here! Let's keep this hush hush okay? ;)
btw, if you know more inside info about the school, feel free to add, it would be much appreciated :)
Friday, June 6, 2008
I will try my very best not to spoil the film for you even though I have to say I don't really need to do that as the trailer practically does the spoiling for everyone (watch it, you'll see what I mean). Sooo instead, let me just give you what S and I thought of the film! One word:
I cannot rave about it enough! SATC the movie did not fail us! It is brilliant beyond brilliant! The movie is proof that the "oldies" (older actresses I mean) can really be goodies :P
Sooo... what makes SATC work for us? Let me count the ways:
1. Fashion, fashion, fashion! Before Gossip Girl, there was Sex and the City. I mean, who could ever forget the ever fashionable foursome headed by style icon herself, Carrie Bradshaw? Well, true to tradition, SATC the movie gave us the hottest trends in fashion and much more! I cannot get over the gladiator sandals Carrie wore on set. Daym, they looked so hot!
I am so digging Sarah Jessica Parker's outfits. Pink looks really, really good on her! You have to notice Miranda's outfits too, they are a farcry from her past fauz pas!
....and of course, the wedding dress. Ah, heaven! *drool, drool*
2. Brilliant script! Gawd, I cannot get over how witty the script was! When you watch it, I want you to really listen hard to what they're saying because I tell you, the script is awesome! They better give their writers a good bonus because if it wasn't for the script, I wouldn't think it would work at all!
3. Thoughts on love and life. SATC has always been a series where you can pick up a lot of insights about life in general and the movie is no different. I so love how simple the events were but how deep the lessons about them are. It's also amazing that SATC was able to tackle a lot of issues about life and I tell you, watching it would really inspire you and encourage you to give life a second chance :)
4. The friendship of course! It's so amazing how a group of girls could remain so close and loyal to each other. It really does make you want to have that same set of loyal friends who will stick with you until you're all old and wrinkly. I tell you, the film brought tears to our eyes because the loyalty they had for each other was just so heartwarming, it would really make you cry! (mind you, we were not the only one tear-eyed, everyone was!)
Words really are not enough to describe this movie. It's so great, I feel like I cannot please Carrie Bradshaw enough with my words. This really is every it girl's must-see film of the year! So PK girls, what are you waiting for? Get your faux-pas Manolos and Vuittons ready and run, don't walk, to your nearest cinema!